The orthopedic domain of medicine has been struck with significant technological advancement in the last decade.
The field of Orthopedics offers proper specialized treatment in cases of complex trauma injuries, sports injuries, and other complicated problems related to the bones, joints, and muscles to worldwide patients.
It has become a refined field in recent times, offering treatment for a wide variety of disorders, and is giving rise to many competent orthopedic doctors in the world.
India has top-notch orthopedic technology and is also home to some of the most prominent doctors in the world.
In this blog, we have quoted the names of some best orthopedic doctors in India for your reference. We hope you find it useful!
What Is Orthopedics?
Orthopedics is a specialized domain in medicine that is concerned with the treatment and care of the skeletal system and the organs associated with it.
It includes therapy for bones, muscles, joints, nerves, tendons, ligaments, and other parts comprising the musculoskeletal system.
What Are The Types Of Orthopedic Procedures?
Numerous types of orthopedic procedures are known as subspecialties or branches of the domain. Some of these branches are:
- Pediatric orthopedics
- Spine surgery
- Sports medicine
- Trauma care
- Hand and upper extremities
- Foot and ankle
- Joint replacement surgery
- Orthopedic oncology
Who Is An Orthopedic Specialist?
The medical professional who attains expertise in providing an effective therapy and treatment plan for the treatment of the musculoskeletal system is known as an orthopedic specialist or an orthopedist.
Usually, there are two types of orthopedic specialists. These are surgical and nonsurgical.
Orthopedic surgeons perform complex operations related to the skeletal system, whereas nonsurgical orthopedists are proficient in providing physical medicine and rehabilitation procedures.
What Surgical Procedures Are Carried Out By An Orthopedician?
Orthopedic surgeons perform surgical procedures associated with the various parts of the skeletal system. Some of these procedures are described below:
- Total joint replacement (TJR): In this procedure, the damaged parts of the joints are replaced to restore the functions of a healthy joint.
- Arthroscopic surgery: This surgery is a minimally invasive procedure that also employs a thin camera, known as an arthroscope allowing the surgeon to take a glimpse inside the joint.
- Bone Grafting surgery: In this procedure, the surgeon uses a bone from the patient’s body to strengthen the damaged bones with the help of bone regeneration.
- Fracture repair surgery: This surgery is performed to repair the damaged bones due to fracture with the help of implants, rods, plates, wires, etc.
- Spinal fusion surgery: In this surgery, the surgeon attempts to fuse two or more vertebrae to repair the problems in the back and neck.
Best Orthopedic Doctors In India To Get An Effective Treatment
Below we have mentioned some of the best orthopedic doctors in India:
- Dr. IPS Oberoi- Having vast knowledge and experience of nearly 25 years in the field of Orthopedics, Dr. IPS Oberoi is ranked top among the best orthopedic doctors in India. He is also a renowned joint replacement surgeon and has successfully conducted over 7000 joint replacements with a success rate of 97%. His specializations include knee replacement, hip replacement, arthroscopy, etc., and he is also one of the few surgeons who are experts in performing arthroscopic surgery for labral tears of the hip. He is also interested in arthroscopic surgery for sports injury, ACL/PCL, and meniscus repair.
- Dr. Rajeev Verma- Dr. Rajeev Verma is a well-known Orthopedic specialist and a joint replacement surgeon based in New Delhi, India. He has extensive experience of more than 15 years in the field and has gained many unique skills throughout his medical career. His specializations also include Primary and Complex Revision procedures linked to Joint Replacement Surgery and Trauma Management on AO principles.
- Dr. Shreyansh Gajjar- Based in the city of Mumbai, Dr. Shreyansh Gajjar is one of the best orthopedic doctors in India. He has been practicing orthopedics for nearly 20 years and has earned useful skills and proficiency in the field. He has looked over nearly 3500 cases successfully, comprising over 3000 arthroscopic surgeries. He has been recognized with several awards for his contribution to the field and is also specialized in areas such as patella dislocation, rotator, arthroscopy of shoulder, knee, ankle, hip, wrist ligament, reconstruction & cartilage surgery, knee arthroscopic surgery for meniscus, ligament tear, cartilage injury, frozen shoulder arthroscopic surgery, etc.
- Dr. Ritabh Kumar- Dr. Ritabh Kumar is a renowned orthopedics and trauma care specialist having proficiency of more than 25 years in the field. He has won several awards for his excellence and is an expert in the areas of pelvic and acetabular fracture treatment, periarticular fracture care, osteoporosis care, bone infection prevention, geriatric orthopedics- fragility fracture care, periprosthetic fracture care, post-surgical problem fractures – nonunion and malunion treatments.
- Dr. C Vijay Bose- Dr. C Vijay Bose is a widely recognized and one of the best orthopedic doctors in India. He has gained a comprehensive experience of more than 31 years in the field. He is an expert in dealing with complex hip, knee, and shoulder problems. He also has a vast knowledge of conducting medical procedures such as hip reconstructive surgery in Avascular Necrosis ( AVN), ankylosing spondylitis, partial knee replacements /high-performance oxonium knee replacement, and shoulder resurfacing surgery.
Orthopedics is a special field of medicine that focuses on the treatment and care of the body parts belonging to the musculoskeletal system of an individual.
The orthopedic departments of most of the medical institutes in India have progressed significantly and have developed various new technologies for the efficient treatment of worldwide patients.
Hence, orthopedic technology is highly advanced and is performed by some of the world’s most qualified and experienced doctors.
To help you choose the best physician according to your case, budget, and other needs, we have listed the names of some of the best orthopedic doctors in India, along with their specialties and experience.
Hope it helps you in selecting the best alternative!